Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (Orleans Title), is Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency for Commercial and Residential closings in Greater New Orleans and throughout Louisiana, providing added services for our real estate clients who are located throughout the United States. Our title attorneys have more than 100 years of combined title examination, underwriting and claims handling experience, improving the efficiency and quality of these transactions, which make for orderly closings for owners, sellers, purchasers, lenders, lessors, and lessees. Orleans Title Insurance Agency received Silver in the “Best Title Company” category in New Orleans CityBusiness’ 2017 Reader Rankings.
ALTA Best Practices Certified
Steeg Law’s affiliated title agency, Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. has been certified for ALTA Best Practices by Total Trust Accounting Services.
Commercial Title Insurance
Orleans Title is an issuing agent of First American Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance Company, Chicago Title Insurance Company, and Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company. The agency places policies through all four companies, enabling Orleans Title to be a leader in the industry with the experience and financial strength to serve the title insurance needs of our clients.
In addition to providing commercial title insurance for transactions handled through Steeg Law, Orleans Title works with the national commercial services offices of its underwriters, acting as the Louisiana title agent for multi-site/multi-state transactions, including the sale, purchase or refinancing of entire portfolios of commercial properties.
Orleans Title has issued over $1 billion in title insurance policies for the whole spectrum of commercial real estate transactions throughout Louisiana from shopping centers to office buildings and power plants, and multi-family housing developments.
Residential Real Estate Closings
Orleans Title offers a more personal experience for our residential title insurance clients than larger title agencies because of the number and experience of our title examiners. We frequently find title issues overlooked by prior closing agencies and are often able to find creative solutions to solve the title issue in a timely manner. Whether you are purchasing, selling or refinancing a $42,000 lot or a $3,000,000 home, we treat each transaction with the same importance.
Access to Steeg Law’s title and closing attorneys and our full range of high quality title services is an added benefit for our residential title insurance clients. Our notarial secretaries work closely with the title and closing attorneys to ensure that every transaction proceeds to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Served as title agent for the purchase and financing of a shopping center in Lafayette, Louisiana; issued owner’s policy of $24,000,000 and lender’s policy of $17,500,000
- Represented national service station company in its acquisition of a parcel of vacant land for the construction of a new service station, and issued title insurance on the transaction, and handled construction contract for the new facility
- Served as title agent for $3,393,375 acquisition of an industrial complex in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana
- Acted as title agent for the purchase and financing of theater complex in southwestern Louisiana
- Acted as title agent in connection with financing of an assisted living facility in Alexandria, Louisiana
- Acted as title agent issuing both owner’s and lender’s title insurance for large complex of office buildings in greater new New Orleans area
- Acted as title agent in connection with the refinancing of a $12 million multi-family apartment complex in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Served as title agent for the issuance of a $2,745,000 construction loan title insurance policy for the expansion of a technical training facility in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana
- Approved closing agent for regional lenders and mortgage companies
Licensed Title Insurance Agents
- Lillian Eyrich, Senior Associate
- Shirley Kirkes, Paralegal
- David Martinez, Senior Associate
- Stacey Martinez, Paralegal
- Randy Opotowsky, Partner
- Robert Steeg, Managing Partner