Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation in Greater New Orleans and throughout Louisiana, including in Jefferson Parish and St. Tammany Parish. Following are some recent transactions and cases our attorneys have handled for purchasers, property owners, lenders, developers and other clients.
Recent Transactions and Cases
- Represented buyer of vacant ground in Orleans Parish, Louisiana, for establishment of community garden
- Represented parents in confecting “family limited liability company” to own and administer important residential landmark in New Orleans, Louisiana, for many generations
- Represented landlord in lease of freestanding building in Metairie, Louisiana, to national dental clinic
- Represented purchaser of 132-unit apartment complex in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Issued title insurance to lender for refinance of site of national drug store chain in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana
- Obtained an arbitration award of nearly $1.0 million, including over $90,000 in attorney’s fees, on behalf of a commercial condominium association to enforce a special assessment to pay for repairs made necessary by Hurricane Ida