In 1972, founder, Moise S. Steeg, Jr., brought together a select group of talented lawyers, paralegals and staff members, who shared his dedication to his clients and passion for his profession. On September 2 at a luncheon at Ruth’s Chris Steak House in New Orleans, Steeg Law celebrated many of these employees for continuing to honor Moise’s legacy of providing personal service, value and quality to the firm’s many prestigious clients.
Moise personally hired three of the nine employees that were honored. Combined they represent a total of 291 years of working as a team on behalf of the firm’s real estate, commercial, litigation, and title defense clients, with the sole purpose of finding ways to help them succeed in business and efficiently resolve their legal matters.
• Bernice Eide, Real Estate Paralegal, 62 years (worked with Moise before Steeg Law)
• Bonnie Aucoin, Firm Administrator, 40 years (hired by Moise)
• Theresa Heimel, Legal Secretary, 35 years (hired by Moise)
• Deborah Pigeon, Billing Clerk/Assistant to Administrator, 31 years
• Jan LeBlanc, Paralegal, 31 years
• Mary Elizabeth Sears, Paralegal, 26 years
• Nicolle Adams, Paralegal, 25 years
• Darlene Walsh, Secretary, 21 years
• Shirley Kirkes, Real Estate Paralegal, 20 years
As managing partner Robert Steeg noted, “How special is it to have so many people at the firm so long? Not many firms in New Orleans have that distinction, especially at one our size. We are all a family.”
Partner Randy Opotowsky followed up with remarks that made everyone laugh. “Many of you may not realize this, but both Bernice and Bonnie have been at the firm longer than any of the partners. Bernice actually came the year after Rob was born, which was the same year Randy and Chuck [Partner Charles Stern] were born. And Bonnie came two years before Randy and three years before Rob.”
The luncheon concluded with each of these sterling members of the Steeg Law family receiving a Tiffany necklace for their years of dedicated service to the firm and its clients.