Residential Real Estate
Steeg Law has been handling residential closings and transactions throughout Greater New Orleans and Louisiana since the firm was founded in 1972. Our Residential Real Estate clients receive kid glove treatment and a full range of high quality transactional and title services. Our in-house title insurance agency, Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C., provides added services to our real estate clients.
- Condominium association representation
- Condominium conversions and creation
- Residential closings
- Tax sale confirmations
- Title insurance
- Title curative work
- Zoning and land use
- Sale of million dollar French Quarter condominium and Uptown single family homes
- Sellouts of the Jackson Condominiums
- Sellouts of the Charlotte Commons Condominiums
- Sellouts of the Cabana Club Gardens Condominiums
- Sellouts of 1250 Condominiums
- Sellouts of Rotunda, Magazine Place, Gallery Row & Lofts Condominiums
- Sale of units in 700 South Peters a Condominium
- Purchases and sales for Preservation Alliance of New Orleans, Incorporated, d/b/a Preservation Resource Center
Residential Title Insurance
Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (Orleans Title) is Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency for Residential closings. Orleans Title offers a more personal experience for our residential title insurance clients than larger title agencies because of the number and experience of our title examiners. We frequently find title issues overlooked by prior closing agencies and are often able to find creative solutions to solve the title issue in a timely manner. Whether you are purchasing, selling or refinancing a $42,000 lot or a $3,000,000 home, we treat each transaction with the same importance.
Learn more about our Title Insurance
Residential Closing Fees
To help our residential real estate clients better understand the costs associated with their closings, we have established fee schedules that are applicable for residential properties only and represent a typical closing.
- Residential Closing Fees – Seller
- Residential Closing Fees – Purchaser
- Residential Closing Fees – Borrower Refinance
Closing Cost Estimator
Orleans Title has provided a schedule of fees for purchasers, sellers and refinances. We would be happy to provide a more transaction specific quote via our Closing Cost Estimator.
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 New Orleans Litigation – Real Estate “Lawyer of the Year”
- The Best Lawyers in America – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law (since 2012)
- New Orleans Magazine – Top Lawyers in Real Estate Law, Litigation – Real Estate
- New Orleans CityBusiness – Leadership in Law (2013, 2019)