Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation.
Recent Transactions and Cases
- Assisted developer in obtaining conditional use permits for live entertainment and a bar for mixed-use development in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Represented purchaser in $1.5 million land acquisition of a 25-acre commercial site for the construction of a $14 million new warehouse facility in Lafayette, Louisiana.
- Acted as the title agent for the sale and mortgage of an apartment complex, for a $8,800,000.00 owner’s policy and a $4,400,000 loan policy.
- Represented the owner of a small commercial property in Luling, St. Charles Parish, Louisiana, for the buy-out of his co-owners and for the subsequent negotiation of road and utility servitudes for the property with DOTD, the Parish, and several utility companies.
- Acted as title agent for the refinance of a loan on an assisted living facility in Ruston, Lincoln Parish, Louisiana, and issued a $1.4 million loan policy along with mortgage modification endorsements to several existing title insurance policies for other properties serving as collateral for the loan in Ruston.
- Represented property owner in an action brought to enforce a purchase option for her property in New Orleans. Successfully defeated the plaintiff’s claims at trial on the basis that the option was lesionary and therefore unenforceable. The plaintiff appealed, but later dismissed the appeal based on the trial court’s ruling.