Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation.
Recent Transactions and Cases
- Represented the property owner in a $10,000,000 refinance of a shopping center in Metairie, Louisiana.
- Represented major petroleum retailer (and issued owner’s title insurance) in connection with the purchase of a closed competitor’s gasoline station at a key intersection in Southeast Louisiana.
- Served as title agent for a $25,950,000.00 loan policy for the refinance of seven single-user sites throughout Southeastern Louisiana.
- Represented Landlord in the preparation and negotiation of a long-term restaurant lease in an iconic St. Charles Avenue building.
- Represented family members in dissolution of family LLC and distribution of property from trust that was the sole member of the LLC, placing title into the family members.
- Represented lender and obtained summary judgment in favor of lender, upholding liability of borrower of approximately $400,000, defeating defenses of fraud and predatory lending asserted by borrower.
- Represented property owner in the preparation and negotiation of construction contract for major roof work on a building in downtown New Orleans.