Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation.
Recent Transactions and Cases
- Local counsel to buyer and title agent for the acquisition of a tract in Donaldsonville, Louisiana where a Tractor Supply Company store will be built.
- Issued title policies for the acquisition cost plus anticipated construction costs, with owner’s and lender’s policies of $2,679,480.00 each.
- Completed reverse-1031 transaction whereby client first acquired property in the French Quarter of New Orleans and later sold like-kind property elsewhere in New Orleans; total value of the transaction approximately $1 million.
- Title agent on the $6,641,552.00 loan policy for a refinance of an industrial paper manufacturing site in Lincoln Parish.
- Drafted and negotiated separate demolition contract, and subsequent general construction contract, for a major $5.5 million retail development in the greater New Orleans area.
- Represented lender in refinancing major industrial facility in the New Orleans metro region, whereby conventional loan of approximately $17 million was used to defease industrial development bonds, with real estate and equipment and rolling stock taken by the new lender as collateral.
- Drafted and negotiated 99-year ground lease for developer to erect and operate mixed-use residential and retail facility in downtown New Orleans.
- Served as title agent and issued Owner’s title insurance for the recent acquisition of a major shopping mall in the Greater New Orleans Area, value $23,000,000.