Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation in Greater New Orleans and throughout Louisiana and the Gulf South. Following are some recent transactions and cases we have handled for purchasers, property owners, lenders, developers and other clients.
Recent Transactions and Cases
- Represented purchaser of $+ acres of batture property in Orleans Parish in acquiring property with seller financing and securing a subdivision of the property in connection with the purchase
- Represented condominium association in drafting and adopting amendments to condominium documents to provide for remote meetings in light of COVID-19
- Represented property owner in obtaining a nonconforming use determination for multi-family property
- Represented landlord in negotiating and documenting lease adjustments with major shopping center tenant due to COVID-19
- Represented tenant in negotiation of lease expansion for dental office
- Served as title agent and local counsel to national retailer for the property acquisition phase of a 1031 Tax-Free Exchange, value in excess of $4,000,000