Steeg Law attorneys are known for being able to handle unique and difficult real estate issues for virtually any type of property and have been involved in precedent-setting business litigation in Greater New Orleans and throughout Louisiana and the Gulf South. Following are some recent transactions and cases we have handled for purchasers, property owners, lenders, developers and other clients.
- Represented lender in a comprehensive refinance by several affiliated entities with respect to a portfolio of commercial properties in Louisiana and Mississippi. Total loan amount in excess of $8,000,000.
- Represented purchaser and issued owner’s title insurance for acquisition of warehouse in Desoto Parish for approximately $900,000.
- Issued owner’s and lender’s title insurance in connection with acquisition and loan involving major hotel in downtown New Orleans, including endorsements to accommodate addition of new investors in ownership entity and endorsements to address significant loan modifications.
- Represented landlord in drafting and negotiating leases for three ground-level storefronts in the French Quarter of New Orleans.
- Represented property owner in drafting and negotiating servitude of passage and for maintenance of electrical substation and pump facilities over and on adjacent landowner’s property in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana.