Purchase and Sale
Perhaps the most fundamental aspect of real estate law is the process by which a person either acquires or gives up ownership of property. Numerous issues must be addressed in this process. What will the warranties be? What will the seller be liable for, and on what issues will the seller be relieved? What will be the inspection rights of the purchaser before the sale, and will there be any limitations on those inspections?
Steeg Law has experience in handling these purchase and sale issues, and the consequences of handling these issues can be very serious.
Another set of concerns relates to exactly what bundle of rights a buyer is acquiring, or what rights are being excluded. At this point, one must also consider issues of servitudes (easements) that either benefit or burden the real estate, as well as other rights that encumber the property.
Our real estate attorneys and our title attorneys work side by side in addressing these types of problems and finding integrated, comprehensive solutions that are tailored to the needs and goals of our clients in Greater New Orleans and throughout Louisiana.
- Brokerage agreements
- Investment property – Office, Multi-family, Industrial/warehouse, Single-use sites, Retail/shopping centers
- Owner-occupied commercial property
- Purchase and sale agreements
- Purchaser’s counsel on $17 million apartment complex in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Represented seller of $2,500,000.00 warehouse facility in Metairie, LA
- Represented seller of inventory of five telecommunications retail stores in the greater New Orleans area
- Represented purchaser in acquisition of a major apartment complex in Mid-City New Orleans
- Represented purchaser of major medical office building in Jefferson Parish, approximate value $11 million
- Represented purchaser of $1,550,000 property in Baton Rouge for redevelopment into a gas station/convenience store
- Best Lawyers 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for Commercial Transactions/UCC Law in New Orleans
- The Best Lawyers in America – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law (since 1995)
- Chambers USA – Real Estate Law
- Super Lawyers – Real Estate Law
- New Orleans CityBusiness – Money Maker (2014, 2017)
- New Orleans CityBusiness – Leadership in Law Hall of Fame