Commercial Real Estate
Steeg Law has decades of experience in Commercial Real Estate Law. Our services cover acquisition, development, property administration, and leasing (whether as landlord or tenant), as well as contracts, zoning and land use, and ad valorem taxation. This complete range of services covers virtually any type of property, from office, retail, industrial and commercial to multi-family and condominiums.
Our commercial real estate attorneys are very experienced in handling unique and difficult real estate issues. We have a real appreciation for the business realities that our clients are involved in. We keep the big picture in mind and work to understand what is really important in the transaction for all of the various parties. Our goal is to get our client’s deal done as expediently as possible while not sacrificing future legal protection.
As a result, Steeg Law has been involved in many of the real estate projects that define the landscape of greater New Orleans, including groundbreaking work that made the commercial development of the Mississippi riverfront viable. Our attorneys also have the advantage of being able to consult with attorneys performing title insurance underwriting work in Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency, Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C.
Recognized for Commercial Real Estate Law
Our firm has been consistently recognized by the independent peer review directories, Chambers USA and U.S. News-Best Lawyers, as one of the top real estate law firms in Louisiana. U.S. News-Best Lawyers has ranked Steeg Law as a first tier “New Orleans Real Estate Law Firm” in the 2010-2018 editions of “Best Law Firms” rankings, the first year it started ranking law firms.
Our attorneys are also included in the top legal directories, including Super Lawyers, Chambers USA, and Martindale-Hubbell. We are especially proud that five of our senior attorneys have been consistently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© and three have been named Best Lawyer’s Lawyer of the Year, New Orleans, LA (two for Litigation – Real Estate and one for Real Estate Law).
Over the years, Steeg Law has developed particular experience in providing high-quality legal counsel to condominium owners, developers, and associations. We offer a full range of transactional, litigation, and title services to our Condominium clients.
Steeg Law has handled all kinds of development, zoning and land use matters before Parish and State bodies for property owners and developers. We have knowledge of the tax-credit programs and economic development incentives that the development of property requires in today’s environment.
Our firm has handled a wide range of leases, large and small, for very many different uses. We have represented landowners and tenants in long term ground leases and leases for space in office, commercial, retail, multi-family, and industrial buildings.
Steeg Law has assisted hundreds of owners and managers of properties for more than 40 years. Our services include such diverse problems as boundary disputes, easements and servitudes, evictions, construction contracts, expropriation, governmental relations, liens and real estate taxation.
Our real estate attorneys and our title attorneys work side by side in addressing all types of problems involved with the purchase and sale of a property. We find integrated, comprehensive solutions that are tailored to the needs and goals of our clients.
Steeg Law is well respected for its involvement in major real estate and commercial finance transactions throughout Greater New Orleans and the Gulf South. For both lenders and borrowers we provide high quality legal services that anticipate the unexpected and protect our clients’ interests.
Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (Orleans Title), is Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency for Commercial and Residential closings, providing added security for our commercial real estate clients. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined title examination, underwriting and claims handling experience, making for orderly closings for owners, sellers, purchasers, lenders, lessors, and lessees.
- Represented property owner in obtaining conditional use permit for billboard sign for its business in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana
- Represented property owner in obtaining closure of city street abutting its property, and purchase of the property comprising the former city street right of way
- Partition of landmark retail building among co-owners, including title work and valuation of lease to retail tenant
- Resolved land use issues in major French quarter hotel development; reciprocal easement agreements uniting 8 separate properties into one working hotel property
- Representation of the co-owners of 43,000 acre tract in curing title and consolidating undivided ownership interests
- Best Lawyers 2019 “Lawyer of the Year” for Commercial Transactions/UCC Law in New Orleans
- The Best Lawyers in America – Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Finance Law, Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law (since 1995)
- Chambers USA – Real Estate Law
- Super Lawyers – Real Estate Law
News You Need To Know
- Real Estate Forecast Symposium Focuses on COVID-19 Impacts
- 2021 U.S. News-Best Lawyers Ranks Steeg Law Firm a Metropolitan Tier 1 Law Firm in Real Estate
- Legal Issues In Real Estate During Covid-19: A Q&A With Robert Steeg
- Recent Transactions and Cases
- 2020 Louisiana Legislative Update: New Laws That Affect Your Business