Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (Orleans Title), is Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency for Commercial and Residential closings, providing added services for our real estate clients. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined title examination, underwriting and claims handling experience, improving the efficiency and quality of these transactions, which make for orderly closings for owners, sellers, purchasers, lenders, lessors, and lessees.
Commercial Title Insurance
Orleans Title is an issuing agent of First American Title Insurance Company and Fidelity National Title Insurance Company. Additionally, our attorneys are approved attorneys for Chicago Title Insurance Company. The agency places policies through all three companies, enabling Orleans Title to be a leader in the industry with the experience and financial strength to serve the title insurance needs of our clients.
In addition to providing commercial title insurance for transactions handled through Steeg Law, Orleans Title works with the national commercial services offices of its underwriters, acting as the Louisiana title agent for multi-site/multi-state transactions, including the sale, purchase or refinancing of entire portfolios of commercial properties.
Orleans Title has issued over $1 billion in title insurance policies for the whole spectrum of commercial real estate transactions throughout Louisiana from shopping centers to office buildings and power plants, and multi-family housing developments.
Residential Real Estate Closings
Orleans Title offers a more personal experience for our residential title insurance clients than larger title agencies because of the number and experience of our title examiners. We frequently find title issues overlooked by prior closing agencies and are often able to find creative solutions to solve the title issue in a timely manner. Whether you are purchasing, selling or refinancing a $42,000 lot or a $3,000,000 home, we treat each transaction with the same importance.
Access to Steeg Law’s title and closing attorneys and our full range of high quality title services is an added benefit for our residential title insurance clients. Our notarial secretaries work closely with the title and closing attorneys to ensure that every transaction proceeds to a satisfactory conclusion.
ALTA Best Practices Certified
Steeg Law and its affiliated title agency, Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. have been certified for ALTA Best Practices by Pershing Yoakley & Associates, P.C.
- Served as title agent for the purchase and financing of a shopping center in Lafayette, Louisiana; issued owner’s policy of $24,000,000 and lender’s policy of $17,500,000
- Represented national service station company in its acquisition of a parcel of vacant land for the construction of a new service station, and issued title insurance on the transaction, and handled construction contract for the new facility
- Served as title agent for $3,393,375 acquisition of an industrial complex in St. Landry Parish, Louisiana
- Acted as title agent for the purchase and financing of theater complex in southwestern Louisiana
- Acted as title agent in connection with financing of an assisted living facility in Alexandria, Louisiana
- Acted as title agent issuing both owner’s and lender’s title insurance for large complex of office buildings in greater new New Orleans area
- Acted as title agent in connection with the refinancing of a $12 million multi-family apartment complex in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Served as title agent for the issuance of a $2,745,000 construction loan title insurance policy for the expansion of a technical training facility in St. Charles Parish, Louisiana
- Approved closing agent for regional lenders and mortgage companies
News You Need To Know
- Recent Transactions and Cases
- News You Need to Know: New Disclosure Rules for Mortgages
- Real Estate Markets and the Recovery: 10 Years Later and Beyond
- Case Alert: A Shift in the Law May Have Significant Consequence for the Development of Property
- Steeg Law Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen