Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. (Orleans Title) is Steeg Law’s in-house title insurance agency for Residential and Commercial closings. Our attorneys have over 100 years of combined title examination and underwriting experience, improving the efficiency and quality of these transactions, which makes for orderly closings for buyers, sellers and borrowers.
Why Orleans Title for Residential Real Estate Closings?
Orleans Title offers a more personal experience for our residential title insurance clients than larger title agencies because of the number and experience of our title examiners. We frequently find title issues overlooked by prior closing agencies and are often able to find creative solutions to solve the title issue in a timely manner. Whether you are purchasing, selling or refinancing a $42,000 lot or a $3,000,000 home, we treat each transaction with the same importance.
Access to Steeg Law’s title and closing attorneys and our full range of high quality title services is an added benefit for our residential title insurance clients. Our notarial secretaries work closely with the title and closing attorneys to ensure that every transaction proceeds to a satisfactory conclusion.
Residential Closings – ALTA Best Practices Certified
Steeg Law and its affiliated title agency, Orleans Title Insurance Agency, L.L.C. have been certified for ALTA Best Practices by Pershing Yoakley & Associates, P.C.
- Coordinating with the purchaser, seller, real estate agent and lender
- Curative work
- Document preparation
- Interfacing with the lender
- 1031 exchanges
- Title examination
- Title insurance
- Sale of million dollar French Quarter condominium and Uptown single family homes
- Sellouts of the Jackson Condominiums
- Sellouts of the Charlotte Commons Condominiums
- Sellouts of the Cabana Club Gardens Condominiums
- Sellouts of 1250 Condominiums
- Sellouts of Rotunda, Magazine Place, Gallery Row & Lofts Condominiums
- Sale of units in 700 South Peters a Condominium
- Purchases and sales for Preservation Alliance of New Orleans, Incorporated, d/b/a Preservation Resource Center
ALTA Best Practices Certified
Title Insurance Rates
The rates for title insurance are regulated by the Department of Insurance. Therefore, title insurance rates are consistent throughout the state. To better understand the costs of title insurance for purchasers, sellers and borrowers who are refinancing, Orleans Title has provided the “Rate Schedule for Policies Issued in Louisiana.”
Why Buy Title Insurance?
As they say, “Information is King.” Orleans Title Insurance Agency encourages you to read the following selection of articles to help you understand why buying title insurance is key to protecting your property investment.
What is Title Insurance?
This basic overview outlines your ownership of property and how to protect against hidden risks.
70 Something Ways to Lose: You Could Lose Your Home
Without title insurance from a reputable and financially secure company, your title could be worthless.
Protecting Your Investment: Title Insurance is Key
Throughout the years, your new property may have changed hands many times through sale, inheritance, foreclosure or bankruptcy. Each transfer was an opportunity for an error in title to arise, which puts your title in jeopardy.
Could It Happen to You?
“Could it Happen to You?” is a sobering story about how one couple lost their home because they did not purchase title insurance.
News You Need To Know
- Steeg Law and Orleans Title Insurance Agency Have Been Certified for ALTA Best Practices
- News You Need to Know: New Disclosure Rules for Mortgages
- Real Estate Markets and the Recovery: 10 Years Later and Beyond
- New Title Endorsements – Because One Size Does Not Fit All
- Recognize and Cure Title Defects Before They Become Title Insurance Claims