Real Estate and Commercial Financing
Steeg Law is well respected for its involvement in major real estate and commercial finance transactions throughout Greater New Orleans and the Gulf South. For both lenders and borrowers we provide high quality legal services that anticipate the unexpected and protect our clients’ interests.
Our firm has assisted our major banks, developers, and property owners in loan transactions for nursing homes, medical offices, industrial facilities, warehouses, hotels, strip shopping centers, regional shopping centers, drug stores, office buildings, bank branches, condominium developments, distribution centers, and apartment buildings throughout the southeast Louisiana region.
As quoted under “Sources Say” in Chambers & Partners America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Steeg Law is “A deal firm widely respected for its breadth of experience.”
Please contact Robert M. Steeg for more information about this practice area.
- Securitized transactions
- Asset-based financing
- Bond loans
- Public-private cooperative endeavors
- Utility development matters
- Purchase and sale of commercial office buildings, major hotels and multi-family properties
- General commercial and UCC issues
- Loan workouts
- Represented lender in $1.7 million loan to health-care business for business acquisition and for operating capital
- Represented owner of distribution facility in connection with regional refinancing of 7 facilities throughout the South and West
- Lender’s counsel on revolving loan, bond-secured loans and New Market Tax Credit facility to major regional hospital
- Representation of regional shopping malls on securitized loan transactions
- Buyer’s counsel for acquisition of major downtown hotel and assumption of securitized loan
- Lender’s counsel on revolving loan facility to Fortune 500 company
- Regular representation of regional banks on mid-size commercial and business loans
- Approved closing agent for regional lenders and mortgage companies