Commercial and Business Litigation
Over the decades, Steeg Law has provided aggressive commercial and business litigation counsel for our clients in a variety of industries. Our litigation practice attorneys offer vigorous and cost-effective advocacy covering the full range of issues in commercial and business law. Steeg Law has particular experience in real estate litigation, having been involved in many precedent setting cases.
- Ad Valorem taxation
- Bankruptcy and reorganization
- Landlord-tenant disputes
- Property disputes
- Securities fraud and antitrust
- Zoning and land use
- Lender liability and banking litigation
- Insurance coverage
- Title insurance claims
- Land use
- Condemnation and expropriation
- Condo associations
- Directors and officers liability
- Successfully defended $5 million mortgage claim brought against large mixed use development, including oral argument before United States Supreme Court.
- Defended national title insurance company against $10,000,000 claim brought by owner of Utah timberland based on alleged lack of access, resulting in favorable settlement for insurer.
- Represented owner of large regional shopping center against post-Katrina claims brought by anchor tenant, ending in settlement that substantially redeveloped and upgraded tenant’s space.
- Successfully defended landmark French Quarter restaurant against eviction efforts brought by ground lessor, extending restaurant’s occupancy rights by 20 years.
- Established priority of bank mortgage on Lake Charles shopping center against the claims of other creditors in bankruptcy, enabling bank to enforce mortgage successfully.