Virtually all businesses and properties need assistance with leases. Steeg Law has handled a wide range of leases, large and small, for very many different uses.
We have represented landowners and tenants in long term ground leases and leases for space in office, commercial, retail, multi-family, and industrial buildings.
Ground leases involve particular complications with respect to financing, as the interests of the landowner, the tenant, and the lender all must be balanced and negotiated.
Most businesses rent the space for their operation, whether for retail, industrial, office or general commercial use. We regularly represent both tenants and landlords in these transactions, for both small and large premises.
Leases are long-term relationships, and the lease must anticipate issues that could arise years in the future, so that the lease can be a clear guide to how those issues are resolved. This process requires years of experience, which many of our leasing attorney bring to this process.
- Ground leases
- Office space
- Retail space
- Sale-leaseback transactions
- Stand-alone buildings
- Warehouse/industrial space
- Landlord’s counsel in lease of 57,000 sq. ft. of office space in downtown New Orleans
- Tenant’s counsel on 300,000+ square foot lease in Class A building
- Represented tenant in negotiation and execution of ground lease for development by tenant of a multimillion-dollar mixed-use, residential-retail facility in New Orleans
- Represented tenant in negotiation of lease for new exercise facility in existing building in New Orleans
- Represented landlord in negotiation of lease for two new retail tenants in newly-constructed shopping center in greater New Orleans area
News You Need To Know
- Recent Transactions and Cases
- Landlords: Making Special Allowances for Tenants May Affect Your Right to Evict
- New Laws That Impact Your Business: 2015 Louisiana Legislative Update
- Steeg Law Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen
- Corporate Realty Publishes Third Annual Greater New Orleans Office Market Report