201 St. Charles Avenue, Ste 3201
New Orleans, LA 70170
Areas of Practice
- Residential and commercial real estate
- Condominiums, multi-family and subdivisions development
- Condominium Homeowners Association
- Title insurance
- General business and corporate law
- Tulane University of Louisiana (B.A., 1974)
- Louisiana State University and A. and M. College (J.D., 1977)
- State of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1981
Randy Opotowsky has over 35 years of experience in residential and commercial real estate law, and business and corporate law, including 25 years as a litigator. His practice areas include residential and commercial closings, condominium, multi-family and subdivision development, and representation of condominium homeowner associations. He has represented developers of a number of the major condominium projects in the New Orleans area, as well as handling residential subdivision developments throughout the area.
As a litigator, Mr. Opotowsky has developed a well-respected concentration in disputes involving real estate, expropriation and condominium issues, including the legal issues affecting condominium associations, representing them in everything from claims against developers and professionals for misleading public offering statements to enforcement of association rights against unit owners.
Mr. Opotowsky also represents a wide range of regional banks on business and real estate loans.
- Handled refinancing of numerous $400,000+ single family home loans.
- Handled closings for several condominiums along St Charles Avenue and in the Warehouse District.
- Handled several commercial loans ranging from $1-$5 million for developers and owners of new projects.
- Member, New Orleans, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations
- Executive Board Member and Chair, Property Advisory Committee for Operation Comeback
- Member, Community Associations Institute
- Martindale-Hubbell - AV
- The Best Lawyers in America - Real Estate Law, Real Estate Litigation
- New Orleans Magazine - Top Lawyers in Real Estate Law, Litigation - Real Estate
- Leadership in Law Class 2013 - New Orleans CityBusiness
Panels & Presentations
- October 2012: Presenter, "Residential Closings," ABA CLE program "Getting on Solid Ground with the Basics: The How To's of Real Estate Law."
- October 2011: Presenter, "The Real Dirt on Real Estate Law," New Orleans Paralegal Association's Annual Educational Seminar
- October 2010: Presenter, "Residential Closings," ABA CLE program "Getting on Solid Ground with the Basics: The How To's of Real Estate Law."
- Treasurer, Preservation Resource Center
- Head, Property Advisory Committee, Preservation Resource Center
- Assistant Examiner for the Louisiana State Bar exam
In The News
- News You Need to Know: Market for Apartment Buildings Heats Up 13 Jan 2011
- Partner, Randy Opotowsky, Reelected as Treasurer of the Preservation Resource Center 20 Jun 2011
- News You Need to Know: Collection Tools for Condominium Homeowners Associations 12 Jul 2011
- Four Steeg Law Attorneys Included in the 2012 Edition of Best Lawyers of America 31 Aug 2011
- Steeg Law Selected by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers as a Tier 1 Real Estate Law Firm 1 Nov 2011
- Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen 2 Nov 2011
- Four Steeg Law Attorneys Selected as Top Lawyers by New Orleans Magazine 30 Nov 2011
- Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen 31 Jan 2012
- The Preservation Resource Center of New Orleans 22 Mar 2012
- News You Need to Know: US Commercial Real Estate Markets Improving, Says NAR Report 10 Apr 2012
- Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen 27 Apr 2012
- Five Steeg Law Attorneys Included in the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers 22 Aug 2012
- Three Steeg Law Attorneys Teaching CLE Sessions for the ABA Fall Real Estate Program 10 Oct 2012
- Steeg Law Receives Tier 1 Ranking in 2013 Edition of US News and Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 1 Nov 2012
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Condo Associations, Unit Owners and their Insurers 5 Nov 2012
- Four Steeg Law Attorneys Receive Top Lawyers Honors from New Orleans Magazine 9 Nov 2012
- Randy Opotowsky Selected as Honoree for 2013 Leadership in Law Class 10 Jan 2013
- Steeg Law Launches New Client Friendly Orleans Title Section on the Website 23 Jan 2013
- Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen 4 Feb 2013
- Recent Transactions: Helping Our Clients Make Business Happen 25 Apr 2013